Larry Putnam, Jr. recently presented a short tutorial on the benefits of Top-Down Estimation for Software Projects:
- Top-Down Estimation methods provide the data needed to make early decisions because most software project schedule and cost decisions are made early in the project or product lifecycle
- Savings Associated with Top-Down Estimation
- Top-Down Estimation vs. Detailed Planning
- Sum of the Parts Don’t Equal the Total Time & Effort Required
- SLIM Software Equation Supports Effective Negotiation
Watch the video or continue reading to learn why the QSM SLIM methodology gets you the data and analytics to make software project commitments with confidence.
Benefit: Provides Data Needed for Early Software Project Cost and Schedule Decisions