SLIM-Estimate provides a variety of methods for estimating software projects and programs so you can explore a range of potential outcomes and assess the relative risks. Your choice of solution option will be determined by the purpose of the estimate, such as an early feasbility assessment, plus the information you have available. The following references help you define a repeatable estimation process.
- SLIM-Estimate Solution Methods - describes the purpose for each method and associated inputs and outputs
- SLIM-Estimate Validation Checklist - estimation process step checklist
- Creating Defensible Estimate Solutions - high-level process description
The Estimate Guide Template is a SLIM-Estimate workbook containing instrutions and chart-specific notes to remind you of key estimate calculation and analysis considerations.
- Estimate Guide Template - Agile
- Estimate Guide Template - Waterfall
Taxonomy upgrade extrasEstimation