New Workshops Offer Organizations Tailored Guidance to Improve Software Development Processes
MCLEAN, VA, January 27, 2015 – Quantitative Software Management, Inc. (QSM), a leader in software process improvement and systems development estimation, today announced the launch of a new workshop series focused on addressing the challenges organizations encounter when implementing software estimation processes. The series offers eight customizable workshops that are tailored to meet the unique needs of each individual company and its business goals.
Workshops include product training for users of QSM's Software Lifecycle Management (SLIM) Suite, as well as estimation fundamentals that are tool agnostic:
- Essential Software Estimation: Gain the fundamentals of software estimation.
- Software Product Size Estimation: Learn how to use the most practical sizing methods to quantify product scope.
- Function Point Counting: Learn to perform function point counts using the IFPUG standard methodology. Build proficiency and begin preparing for certification.
- Historical Data Collection: Identify completed project core metrics and their sources to serve as basis of estimation.
- Resource Demand Estimation: Learn how to better estimate which staffing resources are needed at each phase of a project.
- Software Defect Estimation And Reliability Modeling: Develop a greater understanding of the fundamental relationships between effort, size and defects.
- Software Lifecycle Customization: Designed for QSM customers interested in customizing and configuring SLIM phases, milestones, schedule activities, staffing profiles and trend selection as well as matching sizing techniques to development methodologies.
- Emerging Technologies: Designed for QSM customers interested in learning how to apply and configure SLIM to cloud based computing, service-oriented architecture (SOA), COTS and the use of agile methods.
Launched in response to increased demand from customers, the workshops combine training with a hands-on process that specifically addresses the business needs of any group or organization. Upon completion, participants can expect to have tangible tools for producing defensible estimates and project plans.
“We’ve launched QSM’s new workshop series to provide software professionals with the tools and resources needed to successfully implement project estimation or to enhance existing estimation capabilities,” said Keith Ciocco, Vice President for QSM. “The new workshops provide easily accessible information to project managers and estimators at every level to achieve the most successful software project outcomes possible."
More information about each individual workshop and registration for workshops can be found by visiting https://www.qsm.com/training/qsm-workshops.
Additional QSM Estimation Resources
QSM on Social Media
About Quantitative Software Management, Inc. (QSM)
Founded in 1978 by one of the pioneers of software measurement, Larry Putnam, Sr., QSM offers estimation products and consulting that enable federal and commercial clients to estimate, track and benchmark projects. QSM tools and methods help software and systems analysts negotiate achievable goals, set realistic expectations, and communicate more effectively with management and customers. QSM offers the SLIM (Software Lifecycle Management) Suite of tools, which contains metrics from a worldwide database of more than 10,000 completed projects, enabling productivity benchmarking on the desktop. Using SLIM to dynamically run 'virtual project simulations,' companies can model and forecast project releases to deliver on time, within budget with > 90% estimation accuracy.