QSM is pleased to announce the launch of a new workshop series focused on addressing the challenges organizations encounter when implementing software estimation processes. The series offers eight customizable workshops that are tailored to meet the unique needs of each individual company and its business goals.
Workshops include product training for users of QSM's SLIM Suite, as well as estimation fundamentals that are tool agnostic:
- Essential Software Estimation: Gain the fundamentals of software estimation.
- Software Product Size Estimation: Learn how to use the most practical sizing methods to quantify product scope.
- Function Point Counting: Learn to perform function point counts using the IFPUG standard methodology. Build proficiency and begin preparing for certification.
- Historical Data Collection: Identify completed project core metrics and their sources to serve as basis of estimation.
- Resource Demand Estimation: Learn how to better estimate which staffing resources are needed at each phase of a project.
- Software Defect Estimation And Reliability Modeling: Develop a greater understanding of the fundamental relationships between effort, size and defects.
- Software Lifecycle Customization: Designed for QSM customers interested in customizing and configuring SLIM phases, milestones, schedule activities, staffing profiles and trend selection as well as matching sizing techniques to development methodologies.
- Emerging Technologies: Designed for QSM customers interested in learning how to apply and configure SLIM to cloud based computing, service-oriented architecture (SOA), COTS and the use of agile methods.
Launched in response to increased demand from customers, the workshops combine training with a hands-on process that specifically addresses the business needs of any group or organization. Upon completion, participants can expect to have tangible tools for producing defensible estimates and project plans.
Learn more about QSM Software Estimation Workshops.