- Consulting Overview
- High Performance Benchmark Service
- Estimation Process Consulting Service
- Function Point Analysis
- SLIM Product Configuration and Deployment Services
- Acquisition and Program Management
- Independent Bid Assessment / Alternatives Analysis
- Independent Verification and Validation (IV&V)
- Project Health Check & Forecasting Service
- Expert Witness Services
- SLIM API Programming
- QSM Historical Database
- About Us
- Contact Us
No Actual Defect Data Points on Defects Remaining Reports/Graphs
My actual defect data points don't show up on the defect remaining and defect remaining/sloc reports and graphs. Why not?
Before we can calculate and display the number of errors remaining, we must know the forecasted number of errors in the system. Planned defects remaining is the difference between planned total defects and planned defects found at various points in time. Actual defects remaining are calculated by subtracting actual defects found from the forecasted total defects.
Therefore, the actual number of defects remaining will be shown only when a forecast exists.