- Consulting Overview
- High Performance Benchmark Service
- Estimation Process Consulting Service
- Function Point Analysis
- SLIM Product Configuration and Deployment Services
- Acquisition and Program Management
- Independent Bid Assessment / Alternatives Analysis
- Independent Verification and Validation (IV&V)
- Project Health Check & Forecasting Service
- Expert Witness Services
- SLIM API Programming
- QSM Historical Database
- About Us
- Contact Us
Acquisition and Program Management
Are you responsible for the acquisition and management of a high visibility system or software program? If so, you want to do everything you can to mitigate risk and increase the probability of success, including meeting stakeholder expectations, staying within budget and delivering on time. From the outset many important projects are doomed to failure due to poor planning. Others have a solid plan, but get derailed due to poor monitoring and control. Still others are successful at the project level, but the success cannot be repeated due to poor project closing resulting in the loss of valuable lessons learned. QSM has Project Management Institute (PMI®) certified Project Management Professionals (PMP®) proficient in the SLIM Suite of Tools who can assist you with every step of the project management process, including management of scope, time, cost, quality, risk and customer satisfaction. They can also help you manage multiple projects at the program or portfolio level.
Our approach applies PMI® best practices and is differentiated by our SLIM® tools, benchmark database, and deep system and software management expertise:
- Project Initiation Coordinate with project sponsor and stakeholders to develop approved Project Charter and Preliminary Scope Statement. Use SLIM-Estimate® to perform ballpark cost and schedule estimate in support of the business case for the project.
- Project Planning Use SLIM-Estimate® to develop detailed estimates and compare them against cost, effort, schedule and quality constraints. Develop WBS, critical path, schedule, budget, quality standards, metrics, roles and responsibilities, communication requirements, risk identification, etc. in support of the final Project Management Plan. Develop PMI® prescribed planning documents such as Scope Management Plan, Quality Management Plan, Risk Management Plan, Communication Management Plan, Procurement Management Plan, etc.
- Project Monitoring and Control Use SLIM-Control® to track project on a weekly or monthly basis using key metrics including scope, product construction, effort/cost, milestone completion, and defects. Run a forecast to complete based on actual metrics data and take corrective action as needed. Perform integrated change control and manage issues and risks.
- Project Closing Document lessons learned and final project metrics to include size, effort, duration, and defects. Use SLIM-Metrics® to build up a repository of project history and compare actual performance with the benchmark. Facilitate continuous process improvement from one project to the next.
- Project Charter and Preliminary Project Scope Statement
- Performance Measurement Baseline and final Project Management Plan to include PMI® prescribed planning documents such as Scope Management Plan, Quality Management Plan, Risk Management Plan, Communication Management Plan, Procurement Management Plan, etc.
- Project Status Reports, Risks, Issue Logs, Change Logs
- Project Closing Documents
PMI® and PMP® are registered marks of Project Management Institute, Inc.