QSM currently has an opening in Washington, D.C. for a Software Developer. This is a full-time position.
- Working in a small team environment to design, develop, test, document and maintain software products.
- Assisting in the definition of requirements and high-level architecture design.
- Interfacing with both management and customers regarding product requirements, feasibility and design issues.
- Keeping abreast of emerging technologies in the areas of software development, database design, and user-based design
- Writing current Windows and Web commercial quality application code in a team environment – must excel at writing code to interface to other applications
- Serving as primary technical resource to development team
- Providing product demonstrations and participates in trade shows, seminars, industry panels and user group meetings
- Interacting with customers regarding strategies, requirements, problem solving and support
- Other duties as assigned
Required skills and experience:
- Software product development experience and expert programming knowledge:
- Expert in object-oriented programming with experience in a variety of programming languages. Experience in C++ desktop application development.
- Web Development skills in C#, ASP.NET, IIS, Java Script, jQuery, and MS Server a definite plus.
- Knowledge of and proficiency with relational databases including MS SQL Server.
- Demonstrated experience with front-end design, CSS, HTML, and XHTML, and knowledge of UX design a definite plus.
- Proficiency with Visual Basic and Microsoft Office Tools including Access, Word, Excel, Project and PowerPoint
- In addition to these technical skills, the ideal candidate should have the following qualifications:
- Self-motivated with an ability to think and work independently
- Strong team player skills
- Strong verbal and communication skills
- Demonstrated design, analytical and problem solving skills
- Must be able to qualify for a security clearance.
QSM is an equal opportunity employer and offers a competitive salary.