- Consulting Overview
- High Performance Benchmark Service
- Estimation Process Consulting Service
- Function Point Analysis
- SLIM Product Configuration and Deployment Services
- Acquisition and Program Management
- Independent Bid Assessment / Alternatives Analysis
- Independent Verification and Validation (IV&V)
- Project Health Check & Forecasting Service
- Expert Witness Services
- SLIM API Programming
- QSM Historical Database
- About Us
- Contact Us
Project Health Check & Forecasting Service
Will your project get delivered on time? Will it be reliable enough to be deployed in the operational environment? If you agree to add requirements, how will it impact your schedule, budget and reliability? Can your project recover from the latest crisis? Our non-invasive health check monitoring and forecasting service can answer these questions and more. Whether you want to be proactive early in the project life cycle or you need help getting a runaway project under control, our service can provide significant insights and corrective actions. Our health check and forecasting service is just like the GPS navigation system in your car. If your original route is not followed, we calculate the new route with adjusted times of arrival. Just like a GPS, our system is dynamic and adjusts based on the most recent data. This provides instant feedback on the effectiveness of corrective management actions. Our service will enable you to improve your profitability, navigate project pitfalls and successfully execute your project plans.
Our process is straight forward and designed to have minimal impact on the organization and individual project being monitored. A typical engagement will perform a weekly or monthly assessment depending on the magnitude and importance of the project.
- Good start kickoff meeting Identify the individuals who will coordinate the engagement and participate, determine any unique assessment requirements of the client, identify data sources, establish a timeline and deliverables, brief out the process and the schedule to the participants.
- Establish project baseline Webex or on-site interviews to establish the baseline project plans, (Four core metrics: schedule, effort, functionality & defects) establish control bounds and trigger points, customize reporting views.
- Periodic reporting QSM acquires the most recent project data, evaluates the within the control limits and prepares assessment report.
- Forecasting at completion When circumstances change significantly (i.e. requirements growth, unplanned addition or reduction in staff or unexpected external influences), we generate most probable, optimistic and worst case scenarios, which are kept in a solution repository and compared with the incoming stream of actual data to confirm the most efficient path to completion.
- Optional follow-on engagement to perform in-depth project review as part of independent verification and validation (IV&V) services
- Data collection software or forms
- Periodic status briefings and/or reports
- Optional SLIM-Control, SLIM MasterPlan & SLIM-DataManager products
- Optional IV&V report