- Consulting Overview
- High Performance Benchmark Service
- Estimation Process Consulting Service
- Function Point Analysis
- SLIM Product Configuration and Deployment Services
- Acquisition and Program Management
- Independent Bid Assessment / Alternatives Analysis
- Independent Verification and Validation (IV&V)
- Project Health Check & Forecasting Service
- Expert Witness Services
- SLIM API Programming
- QSM Historical Database
- About Us
- Contact Us
Estimation Process Consulting Service
If your current estimation process is ineffective, routinely resulting in projects that are delivered late, over budget, poor quality and have reduced capabilities, then you could benefit from having QSM work with your team to establish a world class approach. We have over 30 years of experience helping government and Fortune 1000 organizations find the right process to maximize their business results. Shorten the time and increase the probability of project success with QSM Estimation Process Consulting Services.
Our approach is tailored to each client, but typically includes some or all of the following areas:
- Assessment of the Current Estimation Process The objective of this phase is to identify areas within your organization's current estimation process that are not sufficiently supporting the business objectives. For example, inadequacies may exist in the estimation techniques or algorithms being used, the internal presentation of information and decision-making process, or negotiating with clients. QSM devises a plan to improve your organization's approach, which we will present to your management in order to get support for the implementation of the new process.
- Estimation Process Design QSM consultants work with your team to gain an in depth understanding of how projects flow through your organization, where you need to provide analysis to support decision-making, and what tools contain data that is relevant to the process. We then construct a streamlined best practice estimation process to support better decision-making.
- Estimation Process Development & Pilot In this phase, we test the proposed solution to ensure that it is practical and if any additional fine-tuning needs to be made.
- Estimation Process Deployment Roll Out QSM consultants help you devise the best strategy for rolling out the new estimation process. The typical issues involve scheduling, training, data repository and template management, mentoring, internal support, and management education. QSM builds a comprehensive plan and assists in the deployment program.
- Management Education Seminars 1 hour to ½ day seminars help executives understand the capabilities that exist with the new process and establishes realistic expectations for their use.
- Estimation Process Best Practices Guide Book
- Tools and templates created to support the estimation process
- Mentoring sessions
- QSM education seminars